Mrs. Camper's Music
Mrs. Camper is in her 9th year at Aristoi. Music and children are two of her favorite things - and she gets to spend her day with both!
About K-4 Music Class
In keeping with the Classical Education model, music will be rich in history and language, and other classroom topics of study will be integrated into music when possible.
Class Frequency: once a week for each student in K-4
Communication with Mrs. Camper
Any concerns for individual students are typically communicated through "notes home" in the child's folder or through email. Please don't hesitate to contact Mrs. Camper through email or arrange a time to discuss in person if you or your student have questions or concerns.
CONFERENCE PERIOD: 10:50-11:30pm daily + other times as available and arranged in advance
CONTACT ME: 281-391-5003
2019 Aristoi Family Veterans
Some of the patriotic songs we've been singing are:
- You're a Grand Old Flag (K/1)
- Yankee Doodle (K-4)
- America the Beautiful (K-4)
- This Land Is Your Land (K-4)
- My Country 'Tis of Thee (g2-4)
- Rhythm - we've learned how to write simple music notes, called "stick notation", and that each sound needs a music note. We've made our own Patriotic songs and have written the music notes to go with it.
- Melody - we've learned how to read songs with music notes and words, and have noticed how music notes go up and down to show when our voice goes up or down.
- No More Pie
- Frog in the Meadow
- Aiken Drum
- Johnny Works With One Hammer
- Hello To All the Children of the World
- There Ain't No Bugs on Me
- The Cat Came Back
- CAMP - refers to the Specials classes of Computer, Art, Music, and PE.
- Grading -
- most students will receive an "S" for 'Satisfactory' participation/effort
- a few students may receive an "E" for 'Excellent' participation/effort
- a student may even receive a daily grade of an "N" if their participation/effort 'Needs Improvement'
- If you have questions about these grading guidelines, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment to speak with me in person or on the phone.