Mrs. Cheryl Evans- 2nd Grade
By Evans, Cheryl
Welcome to 2nd Grade
Imagination and knowledge is
Need to contact me?
(Monday - Wednesday and Friday)
2:10 - 2:30
281.391.5003 with any questions you may have.
Monday, October 8, 2019 – Columbus Day Holiday
Friday, October 14, 2019
End of 1st 9-Weeks - Friday, October 11
Early Dismissal * 12:00 (noon)
Friday, October 25, 2019 - Signup Genius Coming Soon
Student Holiday/Parent/Teacher Conferences
Teacher Wish List:
1. Treasure Box Goodies: McDonald happy meal toys (new or slightly used), birthday favor toys, pencils, small candies, colorful erasers, writing pads, colored pens
2. Stamp Ink Pads: Red, Pink, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange
3. Colored Pens: Gel Pens/ BIC Chrystal are my favorite
4. Sticky Notes (Colored: small, medium, & large)
5. Stock Card ( 8 1/2 x 11) Pastel Colors - WHITE, Pink, Green, Yellow, Blue
6. Clip Boards
2nd Grade Summer Reading:
"The Courage of Sarah Nobel"
by Alice Dalgliesh
(Students, please bring your book to class on the first day of school.)
2nd Grade Grading Scale
Participation - 20%
Classwork & Homework - 35%
Tests & Quizzes - 45%
Homework Policy & Info
Saxon Phonics is designed to cover four new phonics & spelling concepts per week, with a phonics assessment and spelling test on the fifth day.
Per ACA policy: Homework one day late will receive a maximum grade of 70. If homework is two days late, the student will receive a 0, and the assignment will be completed during the student’s recess or off time.
(See Student/Parent Handbook)
Field Trip Info
2nd Grade plans to take one field trip this year - in the spring. Check back later in the fall for more info!
Stay Tuned! More to come . . .