When sickness or another reason necessitates an absence, an email or note signed by the parent, guardian, or doctor explaining the reason for the absence is required when the student returns to School. Please submit a note to Attendance@aristoiclassical.
- Child’s full name
- Date of Absence
- Parent/Doctor’s Signature
If a student fails to submit a note from the parent within 3 days the absence will be considered unexcused.
If a student is absent for 4 or more consecutive days, a doctor’s note is required to excuse the absence.
- Apply for passport/VISA/INS (documentation requiring appearance and proof of attendance)
- Required court appearance (documentation requiring appearance and proof of attendance)
- Absences for medical reasons (with a parent or doctor’s note)
- Sent home from school by Student Care personnel
- An 18 year-old senior may sign themselves out with the written and verbal permission of their parent/guardian.
- Citizen application and/or participation in US Naturalization Oath Ceremony
- Absences for mental or emotional disabilities (with physician/therapist note)
- Death in immediate family or of person living in student’s home
- Participation in an activity that is approved by the School board as a school-sponsored event and is under the direction of a member of the professional staff of the School
- Lice (1 day excused)
- Juniors and seniors are allowed two (2) excused days of absence for college visits during their junior year and two (2) excused days of absence for college visits during their senior year. The absence must have been properly requested and approved through a note or email from the parent to the Head of School. Only after a stamped receipt of proof from the college or University is turned in to the attendance office will the absence be excused
- Absence from school to observe holy days so long as a written request is provided to the Headmaster 24 hours prior to the absence and is approved.
An unexcused absence is defined as an absence for a reason other than the described excused absences. Examples of unexcused absences are, but not limited to:
- Death of someone other than immediate family
- Doctor’s appointment for someone other than the child
- Family business (sibling graduation, award ceremonies, accompany parent on business trip, etc.)
- Family vacation, reunion, wedding, etc.
- Non-school sponsored activities (for example, boy scouts, gymnastic events, dance competitions, etc.)
- Transportation issues (car trouble or no one available to drive)
- Truancy (skipping school/class, leaving campus/class without permission)
- Any absence for which no reason is provided by parent
Each unexcused absence will be entered on the student’s record. Absences remain unexcused until a valid written excuse is received. If a parental or doctor’s note is not received within three (3) days of the absence, the absence is automatically considered unexcused. Students will receive a zero in each subject for all unexcused absences, excluding major projects and tests. K-4th Fine Arts, computer and PE are also excluded from zeros for unexcused absences.
- It is the responsibility of the student to obtain and complete all make-up assignments.
- Students are allowed one day for each day absent to make up the work missed.
- Teachers will assign zeroes to missed assignments not made up.